Saturday, September 19, 2009

The begining!!

I was born and raised in Northern Ireland until the age of 23. I met my wife in Ireland and moved to her home country, Canada, got married and started our family.

I have always had a creative side to me, I always loved art and tech drawing during my school years but never further that keen interest back then. In my early twentys I started a correspondance course in interior design and right in the middle of that i moved to Canada. When I moved to Canada my focus was marriage, my wife, our life and family.

After a few months in Canada I got my immigration Papers and was able to start working. I began to work at a local family run business, which I still work at, Charter House Interiors. This began to bring out that creativity again and play around with my interior design experience. Through Charter House i got to work with customers, clients, builders, designers and decorators on there design needs.

While that creative side started to emerge I had done some art pieces for our home and a local artist pushed me to try and do some for friends and family and then possibly sell them. That artist and now friend, Betty Aasen is a great inspiration to me and she pushes me in all directions creatively. Betty is a very optimistic , encouraging and creative lady and has now unleashed a frenzy of ideas that i can't put together quick enough (thanks Betty).

So the ideas are starting to hit the canvass and hope that people will like what I am creating and enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment